Thank you, Jeannette of French Paintings, for nominating art does matter for the “One Lovely Blog Award.” I’m thrilled to be chosen especially on this week that marks my seven-month anniversary of starting this blog. The rules of accepting this award are pretty simple to follow. First, you must thank the person who nominated you; secondly, tell seven random things about yourself; then nominate up to fifteen other bloggers for this award, and let them know you’ve nominated them.
Here’s my seven things:
1. I actually LIKED all those art history classes I was required to attend while in school. Although I never did appreciate the professors’ rules of having “to correctly list the work’s creation date within five years” on exams – I did enjoy sitting through their lectures.
2. Having pets, particularly cats, is something I love. I do have a soft spot for purebreds, but my very first pet was a domestic shorthair boy cat who sadly passed away far too young. My iPhone at any given time is chock-full of new pictures of my two cats, Ivan and Indie.
3. I always prefer receiving emails to getting phone calls.
4. Computers, software and social media are way too enjoyable for me – I love especially the convenience it’s brought to our lives.
5. I love to cook all types of food. I make a great chicken curry recipe and another fusilli pasta recipe that my husband adores.
6. Some nights, I like to enjoy a good wine with dinner. Red or white – doesn’t matter – and doesn’t need to be pricey to be good.
7. Shocked as I am to admit it, I’ve come to like suburban living. Having spent a decent amount of time living in downtown Philadelphia and NYC, I can finally have an art studio space that isn’t supposed to be a kitchen table. I’m still close enough to two major cities to view art, get inspired, and write this blog!
Here’s some blogs that I’ve been enjoying recently (although I could list many more:)
Anna Keiller Ceramic Art